The Aeropress is an endlessly customizable and portable way of producing a sweet, rich, and quick cup wherever you are: indoors or outdoors.
- Water kettle
- Aeropress brewer
- Aeropress filter
- Aeropress paddle
- Gram scale
- Coffee grinder
- Brewing carafe or mug
- Fresh coffee beans
Coffee | Water Ratio: (1:10)
18 grams coffee = 175 grams hot water (makes one 7 oz. cup)
- Weigh out coffee using a gram scale and grind medium-fine (a bit finer than sea salt).
- Bring fresh, filtered water to a boil (between 195F-205F).
- Rinse filter with hot water.
- Place Aeropress filter into the base and rinse with hot water.
- Lock on the Aeropress base with the filter to the brewer. Pour the ground coffee inside.
- Place Aeropress and the brewing vessel over your scale and tare to 0.
- Start your timer and quickly pour 175 grams of water into the brewer. It should fill right to the top.
- Using the Aeropress paddle, gently stir the slurry a few times, making sure all the grounds are submerged.
- Place the Aeropress plunger on top; just enough to seal it.
- At 0:50-1:00, take the plunger off and stir the slurry gently again. Place plunger back on.
- At 1:45-1:55, remove the plunger and stir one more time.
- Place the plunger back on and slowly push down until you hear a small “hissing” noise, about 20-30 seconds total.
- If you find it’s too hard to press down, the grind might be a little too fine. If you find that it only takes 2-3 seconds to press down, the grind might be a little too coarse.
When you’re finishing pressing down, it’s ready to drink.
Enjoy your results!